Monday, June 6, 2016

I Hope We Can All Learn Our Divine Nature.

Hello Everyone!
I hope you had a great week!
This week was great for us! Things have been improving and moving forward!
As we tried again to meet as many people as possible we ran into a boy named Trayson. His brother had been meeting with the missionaries for awhile but he was never interested. As we talked to him he opened up to us about how he felt that he is a good person but something was missing. He had a hole inside of him that he did not know how to fill. He told us about his family problems and his little sister's death. It was amazing amazing amazing to see as we discussed our relationship with God (we being his children) he just lite up. And adding our testimony of our Savior, Trayson just wanted to learn more. He had question after question. It was an awesome experience to see the change in him, in just a few minutes! 
I had my interview with President Hancock this week. It was nice to see the Hancocks again. I really miss working with and seeing them weekly. Anyway, we discussed the idea of extending and President told me I have to go home sometime. So I probably won't extend my mission unless invited to do so by my Mission President! 
We had the opportunity to give a talk in the Montpelier 4th ward. I talked about the Godhead (Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost) and the relationship they have to the Plan of Salvation! I really enjoyed learning everything I did from preparing that talk!
My favorite talk of the week was from Elder Donald L. Hallstrom "I am a Child of God".
Great Talk! I invite you all to read it!
Here is a quote!

"In one of the most remarkable spiritual events of my life, I was taught a profound lesson that day. We live in a world that can cause us to forget who we really are. The more distractions that surround us, the easier it is to treat casually, then ignore, and then forget our connection with God. The Saints in Liberia have little materially, and yet they seem to have everything spiritually. What we witnessed that day in Monrovia was a group of sons and daughters of God who knew it!"

I hope we all can learn our divine nature!
I love you all!
Have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Rush

Companion ties 



Julie Tonga from Cokeville Wyoming, had Elder Rush and Elder Johnson over for dinner. She told me Elder Rush was Heaven sent. She said he is a great missionary. So positive and humble. It made my heart sing!





No comments:

Post a Comment