Friday, March 4, 2016

Prayer

Hello everyone!
This week has been pretty awesome!
We went on two exchanges. I stayed in Pocatello for both of them! So I had the opportunity to really focus on the area! It is great to feel the influence of the Holy Ghost as you work! We had a really cool experience with a lady named Kristine. She has not been to church in a while but we stopped by to meet her. It was a normal meeting.  We knocked on the door, she opened it, and we got to know each other. She said we could come back on Thursday. Before we left she asked us to give her a priesthood blessing on Thursday. So we show up on Thursday and we share a message about the Godhead and the importance of prayer and scripture study. After that Kristine tells us that on Tuesday night she was laying on the floor of her house hopeless. So she did what she had not done in a while and prayed. When she finished the prayer we knocked on the door. She told us she felt we were an answer to her prayer! I know God answers prayers. I know He cares. I love what Elder Scott says about prayer!

"Our Father in Heaven has given us tools to help us come unto Christ and exercise faith in His Atonement. When these tools become fundamental habits, they provide the easiest way to find peace in the challenges of mortality. Today I have chosen to discuss four of these tools. As I speak, consider evaluating your personal use of each tool; then seek the guidance of the Lord to determine how you could make better use of each one of them.

Prayer

The first tool is prayer. Choose to converse with your Father in Heaven often. Make time every day to share your thoughts and feelings with Him. Tell Him everything that concerns you. He is interested in the most important as well as the most mundane facets of your life. Share with Him your full range of feelings and experiences.

Because He respects your agency, Father in Heaven will never force you to pray to Him. But as you exercise that agency and include Him in every aspect of your daily life, your heart will begin to fill with peace, buoyant peace. That peace will focus an eternal light on your struggles. It will help you to manage those challenges from an eternal perspective."

Oh man, I love Prayer and I am grateful for the challenges it helps me through. Because of Prayer we were able to have many other awesome experiences like this one!
Have a great week!
Love, 
Elder Rush



I love this article so much, I want to share it again.
I invite you to read this again or for the first time. 
It helped me realize how much more important knowing the Godhead is than what I believed before. I know I have gotten closer to them as I focused on who they are. By so doing, everything else just falls into place.
Love,
Elder Rush



Elder Rush, Elder Dalling and Annabelle with Mikayla



Elder Welling and Elder Rush with their Willy Wonka sun glasses



This is Elder Welling,
I just want to say, your son is the best!!  We served together for 7 weeks in Rigby and it was an absolute blast. He helped me a lot as a missionary and as a person. He showed me how to really build a testimony of the Gospel and that will be something that I keep with me forever. Just thought I'd let you know, he's not only helping people in Idaho, but missionaries from around the world!!! 

Elder Welling made this mama's heart sing!


Exchanges with Elder Allred and Elder Slatcher


1 year ago when Elder Dalling and Elder Rush were companions the second time around as Zone Leaders. With Elder Harrs

Cooking in my Idaho Angel's kitchen, Barbie Stoddard, with Elder Bradfield. Elder Rush loved the apron!







No comments:

Post a Comment