Friday, March 4, 2016

Annabelle's Baptism



Hello!
I hope you had a great week!
This week has been good! 
We had the opportunity to participate in a baptism this week for Annabell Turner! It was a great day! Cool stories! We have a baptism coming up this weekend as well. It is for Breanna Heer! Her family has been trying to go to the Temple and be sealed as an eternal family! The last lesson we had with them her parents were asking questions about what steps they need to take to get to the temple! And the next day they all came to church! For the first time in a long time!!! I was so excited and still am so excited!!!!
We had the chance to speak in one of our wards! It was a good learning experience! I had the opportunity to talk about knowing the Godhead through prayer, scripture study and keeping covenants (covenants being promises to God). I have come to know the importance of these three things. I focused on the keeping of covenants. I used this scripture to talk about the importance of covenants and commandments and why God gives them to us!

Alma 12:32

"Therefore God gave unto them commandments, after having made known unto them the plan of redemption, that they should not do evil, the penalty thereof being a second death, which was an everlasting death as to things pertaining unto righteousness; for on such the plan of redemption could have no power, for the works of justice could not be destroyed, according to the supreme goodness of God."

We know God has given us a plan (The Plan of Salvation or Redemption) to live with Him again one day! He loves us so much. He wants us to return back to him, but He has given us our agency (freedom to choose). He understands that we need to make choices to grow! Without telling us everything we should do He gives us commandments to keep us on the path back to Him! He love each of us, He is our Heavenly Father!
I know He lives and I know that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to redeem us from our sins!
Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Rush


Part of a letter to Elder Rush from his oldest amazing sister, Kristalyne.

Favorite quote of the week:

"First, have faith in your Heavenly Father. He knows who you are. He listens to you when you pray. He loves you. He is mindful of you. He wants the best for you."
Joseph b Wirthlin

I found this quote when I was down and struggling! It lifted me right up and reminded me that I am a daughter of God, and my Heavenly Father is always there waiting to lead me and guide me and walk beside me, help me find my way.... We are sooo loved!

Have a wonderful week! We love you sooo much! Keep up the great work! You are our super hero! 

Love, Kris and fam xo



Anabelle's baptism


Elder Otto's unicorn friend!









No comments:

Post a Comment