Friday, August 14, 2015

I am Going Back to Pocatello!

Hello!!!
Hope you are all doing well!
I am going back to POCATELLO!
I will be serving in the Pocatello Highland Stake. Training a new missionary! No idea who but I will know Tuesday night! It is going to be amazing!

I am really excited for it! I know it won't be easy but I do know that God has prepared a way to help us both through this next couple months. I miss Pocatello!
This last week was pretty good! We have been working hard and teaching as many people as possible and we taught the most lessons this week we have taught together. I know Elder Welling will do great here in Rigby with his new companion.
Last preparation day we went to the Menan Buttes for a hike. It was a great view! The most empty land I have ever seen in my life!

I have enjoyed this past week sharing my testimony of Jesus Christ with those around us. I continue to gain a greater appreciation for His sacrifice, the Atonement.

 2 Nephi 2:6-8
 6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.

 7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.

 8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

Hebrews 2:9
 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.


Christ suffered so much for us. And I do know that He is risen and He lives today!
I love you all! Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Rush




Elder Rush "Hanging out"

                                

                                                        Elder Welling jumping for joy!


These "twinsie shirts" make me laugh! Look closely!
Love my boy!

Elder Murdock who is serving here, his mom Malary and her friend Michelle, found my Elder Rush and delivered him a couple packages for me. They live in Ammon, not too far from where Elder Rush was serving in Rigby. Oh how I love my Idaho Angels!


A letter from President Hanncock

Dear Elder Rush,

Congratulations on accepting an assignment as a trainer. To be a trainer of a new missionary is one of the most important assignments in the mission. With this assignment, a great deal of trust is being placed in you. Your example in this assignment will set the course for  your companion's mission, and will have a large impact on the rest of his life. Please remember the following expectations for missionary leaders:

*  Strive every day to be exactly obedient to the standards of missionary conduct found in the Missionary Handbook.

*  Faithfully follow the missionary daily schedule.

*  Have effective personal and companionship study every day.

*  Be diligent, humble, and effective in your work.

*  Have effective weekly and daily planning sessions including follow the 13 planning guidelines and updating the area book.

*  Love your companion and foster a spirit of love and unity in the companionship.

*  Lead the companionship in staying focused on our purpose for being here as missionaries.

The Lord has asked you at this time to fulfill this sacred stewardship. Remember that this is the Lord's work and you are His servant. I trust you will work to your full capacity, using all of the abilities and skills with which you have been blessed.It is a privilege to serve with you.

Love,

Gene E Hancock Mission President

No comments:

Post a Comment