Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm Glad to be Back in Pocatello!


Hello Everyone!
I hope things are going well!
Pocatello is awesome and I am glad to be back here. WE are now in the Highland stake. We cover 13 wards! Holy Cow! IT is crazy! A lot of people to meet and get to know!
I am serving with Elder Duff. Today is his 6th day in the mission field. He is super cool. He is from Meridian, Idaho. He is doing a great job. I love how we are able to focus on the basic principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It has helped me feel closer to my Savior than I have the past couple of weeks. Really cool experience that happen this week is about the importance of following the promptings from the Holy Ghost. It was around 8 pm and we went to one of our church buildings to get a quick drink of water. I was trying to figure out where we should go so I said a prayer in my heart and felt that it would be a good idea to visit the Lopez family. I had heard from multiple people that they were not interested in talking to missionaries so I pushed it aside and asked again. However I got the same answer. We went out to the car and I was still fighting it. I asked Elder Duff  where we should go and he said the Lopez family. It just blow my mind so we did it. We knocked on the door and the family preceded to hide. Then a girl came out and started to talk to us, Korina is her name. She had never heard of the Book of Mormon before and was interested in learning more. It was a testimony to me that I always need to give in to what Heavenly Father wants me to do!
I know that the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ's Divinity! 
I hope you are doing well.
Love you,
Elder Rush 




Elder Rush and his new companion Elder Duff from Meridian, Idaho.
Elder Rush making his normal photo faces! Love my boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment