Tuesday, July 21, 2015

We Helped out with a Triathlon!

Hello,
Hope all is well!

This last week was interesting!
Elder Welling and I have been trying to find people to teach, talking to everyone, asking people for help, so far no success in our areas but we are finding many people for missionaries in other areas to teach! I have been learning even more patience here! We had Zone Training on Wednesday! It went pretty well. We discussed faith and my favorite quote from it was,"Make sure you include Heavenly Father in His work." I like the reminder to pray always. Prayer is so important and I love it! 

Saturday Morning we helped out with the Rigby Triathlon! We had to be there at 5:30 in the morning and as a missionary we do not get to make up sleep, so the past few days have been long but enjoyable! Anyway we guided the bicycle leg of the race. Elder Welling and I were in charge of turning everyone around at the half way mark! Then we went to Idaho Falls for Janet's baptism! It was Amazing! She was very prepared to be baptized! You could see it in her countenance!

Sunday we gave talks in Sacrament meeting and taught sunday school! So it was a good week!
Spiritual thought for the day is about doing the will of our Father in Heaven. I really like the scriptural example of Nephi.  All he wanted to do was God's will and there were many miracles because of it!

Helaman 10:4-5

"4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

Happiness comes to us as we do the things God has asked us! True happiness that is!
Here is a talk from Elder Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles that enlightens this topic!

Well I hope you are all doing well!
Love,
Elder Rush

P.S. I know God lives! And He continues to talk to us through living prophets!

Elder Rush returned for Janet's baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment