Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Trip to the Rexburg Temple

Hello!
Hope all is going well!
This last week was good. I love mondays but I never remember the
things that went on during the week. Anyway, it was still a good week.
We have been seeing many miracles and blessing from following the
promptings of the Holy Ghost. I love seeing how God leads us to those
that are prepared! Many times this week we did not know where to go,
so we said a simple pray and followed the path God had for us. We talked
to a lot of people that were prepared to meet with missionaries but in
other areas. I still love to be able to help people though. We did go
to the Rexburg Temple. That was a great experience. It had been over 6
months since I've been to the Temple.

Sunday we spoke in the Rigby 5th ward on Sabbath Day Observance.
I learned a lot from studying for that talk.
I really like this scripture found in Isaiah 58:13-14

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy
pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of
the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways,
nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee
to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the
heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken
it.


I know of many blessings from  keeping the Sabbath day holy! I like
how these verses describe it. If we forget our own desires on Sunday
and do the things that bring us closer to God we will receive
blessings and these verses promise two different blessings.

1  I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth
In other words, prophets usually go to high places like mountains to
receive revelation and if we will keep the sabbath holy we will
receive more revelation from God
2 And feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father
Jacob and his seed were promised Eternal life. So are we!

Eternal life is the phrase used in the scripture to define the quality of
life that our Eternal Father lives. The Lord declared,

"This is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). Immortality is to live forever as a resurrected being. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, everyone will receive this gift. Eternal life, or exaltation, is to live in God's presence
and to continue as families (see D&C 131:1–4). Like immortality, this
gift is made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. However,
to inherit eternal life requires our “obedience to the laws and
ordinances of the Gospel” (Articles of Faith 1:3).)
 I hope to one day receive the gift of Eternal Life.

”I bear testimony that Jesus is the living Christ, whose Atonement
makes it possible for us to be purified and so be worthy of the
companionship of the Holy Ghost.
“I testify that with our faith and diligence, we can one day hear the
words that will bring us joy: ‘Well done, thou good and faithful
servant.’”

President Henry B. Eyring

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Rush




A trip to the Rexburg Temple with Elder Welling.



"I love to see the Temple, I'm going there someday"




No comments:

Post a Comment