Wednesday, June 17, 2015

We Taught the Plan of Salvation with Chalk


Hello,
How are you all doing?
Life here in Idaho is going well!
We have been working hard and trying to find new people to teach. This
last week we were able to set a baptismal date with a lady named Katie.
She is super awesome. She is having a baby in a few weeks, please pray for a quick recovery.

Things are going well here. Elder Sincere is stressed out about going home on August 11. He does not want to stop being a missionary. It has been rubbing off on me. I do no want this to end either and I am sad it has already been 9 and half months:(  I was looking at pictures of Kate (my niece) that Kris sent and I was imagining meeting her for the first time at the airport and introducing myself as Uncle Mitchell instead of Elder Rush. I almost started crying at my computer. I really do love being able to serve God. Though some days I do wish it would be over, the majority of days I never want to end. Truly the happiness we can have in the service of God by serving our fellow beings is the greatest thing God can offer us. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and because of Christ's atoning sacrifice me and everyone else in the world can overcome any obstacle we face. I may not be a perfect missionary or know all the answers or be the best at talking to everyone but I am striving to be what God wants me to be. I wish everyone understood that as we put God first in our lives everything else just falls into place. It is a promise HE is wanting to fulfill. It breaks my heart to see people rearrange their priorities.

1 John 3:22-24
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his
commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of
his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us the commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in
him. And hereby we know that he abidethin us, by the Spirit which he
hath given us.

We are doing well, working hard!

Love,

Elder Rush
Elder Rush in the famous Idaho Pocatello Mission Duck Blanket!
We taught the plan of Salvation with Chalk.
Elder Sincere and I were able to teach a family because he knows how to draw graffiti.



P-day zone fun! Half of the Zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment