Monday, January 19, 2015

People are Always Watching; Week 21

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all doing well! 

This week was full of adventure. So it is a goal as a mission to teach 20 lessons a week and it is not a easy thing to do in some areas. Since I have been here in Pocatello we were lucky to teach 10 lessons. Elder O'Brien and I have been working our tails off and this last three weeks we have taught 21, 20 and 20 lessons. We are so exhausted every night we hit our beds and sleep like rocks. I love it!

We were teaching this family and the husband never sat in on our lessons. He has had many bad experiences with Mormons and does not really like us. But the other day we got a call from his wife saying he had prayed and was told by God he needed to be baptized. It was pretty cool! 

 Another cool experience was we're teaching this lady who was a claimed Atheist but she came to church and now she wants to come back again! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

 Oh Boy I am very grateful for the the opportunity to serve a mission. I love learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ everyday!

 So this week I was thinking about the example we are to people even when we do not think people are watching. So in the Book of Mormon, one of the Prophets, Alma is teaching his son to choose the right because he has lead people astray by making mistakes, so people do not belive in the words of Alma.

 11 Suffer not yourself to be led away by any vain or foolish thing; suffer not the devil to lead away your heart again after those wicked harlots. Behold, O my son, how great iniquity ye brought upon the Zoramites; for when they saw your conduct they would not believe in my words.

People are always watching our actions and words and habits. It is important  to remember that as we conduct ourselves.

I love you all. Take Care
Elder Rush




Elder Rush with his district.




Adorable Elders!








No comments:

Post a Comment