Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Made a Promise to Be Happy for the Rest of My Life!



Hello Everyone! 


Hope you all had an amazing week! I know I did! I made a promise to someone that I had to be happy for the rest of my life, so wish me luck! 

Let's see this last week was pretty exhausting but there are so many miracles that happened that I forgot them all and will probably just write about 2. Yesterday Elder O'Brien and I followed the example found in Alma 17:3

 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God. 

We ran from appointments, talked to everyone, and were able to teach 6 families effectively. I felt the influence of the Holy Ghost all day. Elder O'Brien and I were super pumped.

It has been crazy, there have been many changes in our zone lately, missionaries have been going home, which is very sad :(  But it has helped me recommit myself everyday to my purpose of serving the Lord. :)  I was reading in the Book of Mormon about Captain Moroni, who was a stud muffin as this scripture says:  

Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men. 

Captain Moroni Is a great example to me and I hope we can all strive to be like him!
I encourage you all to read Moroni 10:3-5 in the Book of Mormon and do as it directs. I know the book has changed my life and it truly does testify of Christ!

I love you all! Take Care
Elder Rush

 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truthof it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.


Harmonica playing Elder O'Brien with my "Stud Muffin"

Zone leaders van, nice arm Elder Rush! Love my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment