Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year From Pocatello!



Hello Everyone!

 Thank you for the updates and please keep sending them! I love hearing about how you are doing! Oh and Happy New Year! What are some goals you have for this year?

 This last week was crazy with the holidays and everything but we were about to teach many people. Last night, Sunday night, it was 8pm and we needed to be home by 9. We wanted to teach 3 more people that night and all our appointments had cancelled. So we prayed and asked our Father in Heaven to help us find 3 people. After that we walked down the street and felt impressed to stop at a few houses so we did and we ended up teaching 4 lessons! It was pretty cool. 

Really I have been thinking a lot about time. It is crazy that I will be out 6 months next month. In 2 Peter 3:8 it tells us that 1 day of the Lord's time is a 1000 years of our time. So that means my mission is only 3 minutes in the eyes of God and if you live for 90 years then that is 2 hours and 15 minutes in the eyes of God. We really do not have that much time here on this Earth. We need to make the most of it. We need to do our best everyday and truly need to prepare to meet God in this life. This quote has helped me focus on my goals. 

"We don’t have to be fast; we simply have to be steady and move in the right direction. We have to do the best we can, one step after another...The only thing you need to worry about is striving to be the best you can be. And how do you do that? You keep your eye on the goals that matter most in life, and you move towards them step by step...That is easy enough. We don’t have to be perfect today. We don’t have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

I invite you all to focus on goals this year that will help you become a better person and allow you to help others.

I know a goal I have is to read the Bible and Book of Mormon all the way through this year.
I hope you are all in good health and doing well. Continue to read the scriptures  and pray everyday. This next week is transfers so I may be leaving Pocatello.

Love,
Elder Rush



In another email,  Mitchell said he was unable to attend my cousin, Bill Haskett's funeral which was  in one of his wards, because he was on splits in another area. He actually had a car, he was not walking. He said the funny thing was as they were driving he recognized grandpa's car in front of them. He saw grandpa but didn't think grandpa saw him.  Im sure my dad was on his way delivering the homemade bread and jam he had for Mitchell. My parents spoil my boy! I wish he could have attended the funeral to meet all my family. I would say next time, but 2 funerals in 5 weeks time are more then too many!


Relaxing time!


Nerf war!




No comments:

Post a Comment