Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Two Weeks in a Rush


To my very happy surprise, Chris and Tyler Kraft took my Elder Rush out to lunch and sent this "mama missing her boy terribly,"some pictures!! Touched my heart!





Nov. 17, 2014

Dear Familia,

How are you all doing? Sorry I wasn't able to email you this week. The Keplers took us to Big Jud's and to this ice cream place that sells cubed ice cream. You need to look up Big Jud's Hamburgers. Lets just say they make their buns in pie tins. There is a challenge to consume a 1 pound hamburger, large fry and a large drink in less then 30 min. If you do, you get a t-shirt. I completed it but my stomach still hurts. Then we got cubed ice cream, which was really cool.

The work has been going okay here. Elder Downey has been sick, so the doctors and Walgreen Pharmacy have been frequent stops for us. Hopefully he can get better soon. Transfers are Dec. 3rd, so we will see if I stay in Pocatello with Elder Downey.

It snowed here for a few days and has been below 30 degrees F.  since Monday. The lowest it got, I am not quite sure? Maybe 5 degrees minus the wind chill, while we were out walking.

Hopefully you are doing well. I miss you all so much. Be good and keep me up-to date.

Love,
Elder Rush

I looked up Big Jud's, and oh my! Here is a picture of the challenge and the hamburger
 Elder Rush consumed, and he did it in under 30 min.! Crazy!




Digging in for the 30 minute challenge



Elder Rash and Elder Rush completed the challenge!




Cubed ice cream!


Elder Rash and Elder Rush enjoying cubed ice cream.


Elder Rush and Elder Downey.


Mitchell eating snow. He said he doesn't like snow, but he will live!


My favorite picture of the week. Potato gun war! Love my boy!

Week Something around 13 I don't know?

Hello Everyone! 
How are things going in your lives? I would love to hear about it!
Anyway I just wanted to express some feelings about serving a mission real quick.
As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I have the privilege of inviting people to come unto Christ, to learn more about our Savior Jesus Christ. I do not mean to offend anyone or their beliefs but to express what I know to be true. I invite all those that do not know much about the "Mormon" church to come and see what it is like. We hide no secrets and love to answer questions. I do not think I am better than anyone because I am a Mormon or that I am on a mission. We are all sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven and He wants us to return to Him! Remember the reason for this up coming holiday season and give thanks.

Elder Downey has been very sick the past two weeks. We have not been able to proselyte much. My studies have been outrageous though. Being inside 20 out of 24 hours a day gives me much opportunity to learn. Hopefully he can get better soon. I was told I might be training a new missioanry this coming transfer, which is next week, or be put into some other leadership position. Wish me luck. One big lesson I've learned is how much our faith, humility, patience, diligence whatever it may be pales in comparison to Christ! Make sure to strengthen that understanding become more Christlike!
Love you all Keep up the good work!
Elder Rush





No comments:

Post a Comment