Friday, April 22, 2016

We are all Children of a Living God


Hello! 
Hope you had a great week!
This week was crazy! We finished zone conference on Tuesday had Mission Leadership Council on Friday and General Conference Saturday and Sunday! It was awesome! I love having the opportunity to listen to God's chosen leaders! There is so much to take in. I especially loved the words of Elder Donald L Hallstrom! He spoke of our divine heritage. We are all children of God. I know I talk about that a lot but it is my favorite truth of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are children of a Heavenly Father that loves us and will never leave us alone. I know that is true. That is our message of hope and peace. Just like any loving parent, He wants us back and we have the chance to return to Him as we follow Jesus Christ! 
Cool story: Randi, a lady we have been teaching recently, asked us to give her a blessing. Her daughter was in the room too! After we gave the blessing and left, Randi's daughter said "Mom did you feel that! That was amazing. I felt some power of peace come over me as they gave you a blessing!" It was pretty cool! I testify the priesthood authority of God is on the Earth!
Hope you all have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Rush

Acts 17:24-29
 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

 29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.
1 Nephi 17:36
36 Behold, the Lord hath created the earth that it should be inhabited; and he hath created his children that they should possess it.

Elder Rush found a picture of my dad from many moons go. It was while he served as a Stake President in the Pocatello North Stake before he was called to serve as a Regional Representative in South America.



Two of my favorite men!



A note to me from my boy! Oh how I love him!
So our week was super long but fast. We had the last zone conference a week ago but it feels like it was a month ago. We had mission leadership council on Friday in the Pocatello North Stake Center. That is where I found Grandpa's picture. Well I will be getting transferred this transfer, President asked me if I wanted to train a missionary. I just told him I would do whatever is needed. He had me going down to a town called Montpelier last time I checked. So we will see what happens. I could serve in Cokeville, Wyoming. Cokeville Miracle! But we will see! 
All the Missionaries in the 9 Zones at the Zone Conferences.






No comments:

Post a Comment