Friday, January 22, 2016

We All Can Have Joy and Everlasting Peace

Hello!!!
Hope you had a great week! Ours was nice!
We had many teaching appointments scheduled for the week and I love sharing the teachings of Jesus Christ with people!
Wednesday we got an unexpected call to drive to Rexburg and help transfer some missionaries so we drove all day! Thursday President Hancock told us to make up a scenario for the upcoming transfer. It was an incredibly hard thing to do. We had to open up two new zones, make sure everyone had the right companion, and so forth. Too bad it was just a made up scenario!
I am doing well. I find it fun how much I have learned about myself out here on my mission. I have come to know that as I get closer to the GodHead, I understand more who they are, individually and as a group. I learn more of my divine nature, who I am and how much they help us in our lives. I have had a lot of memories brought back to me about growing up. As I think and evaluate those past times I recognize no matter how small or larger hey we're, Heavenly Father was involved. If the only thing I do out here for 2 years is learn of God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost and what I mean to them, then I would still feel that it was the best two years spent of my life so far. I may struggle with myself trying to be a perfectionist or getting along with other people or talking to strangers, but none of that matters knowing that I will never be alone. I won't lose in life because of a loving heavenly brother. That is all I need. If the world could just realized how much God loves them, that God really lives and watches over us everyday, imagine what life would be like. Here is an example from the Book of Mormon of what I think it would be like.
4 Nephi
 1 And it came to pass that the thirty and fourth year passed away, and also the thirty and fifth, and behold the disciples of Jesus had formed a church of Christ in all the lands round about. And as many as did come unto them, and did truly repent of their sins, were baptized in the name of Jesus; and they did also receive the Holy Ghost.

 2 And it came to pass in the thirty and sixth year, the people were all converted unto the Lord, upon all the face of the land, both Nephites and Lamanites, and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another.

 3 And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were all made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift.

 4 And it came to pass that the thirty and seventh year passed away also, and there still continued to be peace in the land.

 5 And there were great and marvelous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus, insomuch that they did heal the sick, and raise the dead, and cause the lame to walk, and the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear; and all manner of miracles did they work among the children of men; and in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus.

 6 And thus did the thirty and eighth year pass away, and also the thirty and ninth, and forty and first, and the forty and second, yea, even until forty and nine years had passed away, and also the fifty and first, and the fifty and second; yea, and even until fifty and nine years had passed away.

 7 And the Lord did prosper them exceedingly in the land; yea, insomuch that they did build cities again where there had been cities burned.

 13 And it came to pass that there was no contention among all the people, in all the land; but there were mighty miracles wrought among the disciples of Jesus.

 15 And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.

 16 And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happierpeople among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.

 17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were inone, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.

 18 And how blessed were they! For the Lord did bless them in all their doings; yea, even they were blessed and prospered until an hundred and ten years had passed away; and the first generation from Christ had passed away, and there was no contention in all the land.

Priorities would change, grudges would be let go of, arguments over silly things would disappear. The world would become a far better place with delightsome people. Only if everyone followed the teachings and example of Jesus Christ. But we don't and that is why it is so important to share the gospel. I have learned that if you want to make a difference in your sphere of influence SHARE THE GOSPEL. And if you don't know why it is shared or have lost a reason why, I invite you to learn more, to have everlasting joy and peace.
God lives.
Christ lives.
And we are guided by them everyday and you can learn that you are if you are willing to listen!
Hope you have a great week. 
Love,
Elder Rush


Elder Rush is wearing the pajama pants Aurora made for him and the shirt Jayce made. We love our Mitchell!




My Idaho Angel Barbie Stoddard shared this picture and post from her friend. Love our missionaries!


Moving day for my office, not the best day to move, luckily it is just across the street BUT when your movers are SCILD workers and only one shows up for the day you freak out a little. Who comes to the rescue...the LDS Missionaries do that's who.😊 Thank you to the one guy who showed up to work SCILD (you rock), and the 14 Elders for helping us!!! Life savers all of them!




No comments:

Post a Comment