Monday, November 30, 2015

Where Can I Turn For Peace?


Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ - Elder Dallin H. Oaks


Hello!
I hope you had a Good Week!

I am doing well. I have been learning a lot. I hope I can remember what I need to and apply it. I have really been focusing on what I want to accomplish for the next year. I don't want to get to the end and not do everything I can. I think I have been focusing on it because Elder Fontes goes home in a few weeks. 

This week was good!
We had people from the mission department in Salt Lake City come and tour our mission! Tuesday they came out "teaching" with us. We expected to have them teach with us but they just sat there and took notes! So based off all their notes we had a 6 Hour meeting with half the mission. They just threw a bunch of new mission changing information at us. It is enough to say that my mind was blown with all that information!
Later on in the week I met a very handsome Elder named Elder James Warren Harding IV
he is so cool and is royalty and heir to the throne he is rad.
And he is a goober...if you cannot tell.
Crazy story, we were trying to find this investigator that we had not seen in a while. So we stopped by his house and he answered the door. Now he lives on the top floor of an apartment complex. We talk to him and ask if he still wants us to come over or if we are just annoying him. He told us he wants to meet with us so we ask if we could read the Book of Mormon with him. He said it was down stairs in the basement. We followed him down there and he runs across the room kicks open the other door and bolts it. He was gone and we have not seen him since. It was pretty fun. His friend told us that his roommates are using us to threaten him. Weird stuff.  
I know this week will be great!
I love and miss you all!
Elder Rush

Where Can I Turn for Peace Lyrics

1. Where can I turn for peace?
    Where is my solace
    When other sources cease to make me whole?
    When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
    I draw myself apart,
    Searching my soul?


2. Where, when my aching grows,
    Where, when I languish,
    Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
    Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
    Who, who can understand?
    He, only One.


3. He answers privately,
    Reaches my reaching
    In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
    Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
    Constant he is and kind,
    Love without end.



A Missionary sandwich!


Elder Rush and Elder Fontes









No comments:

Post a Comment