Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving!

Videos of the Week
A Savior is Born 

IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT A SAVIOR

Hello!
This week was crazy because I don't remember most of it. We were so busy preparing for our mission meetings we had last week and this week. The most important thing I've learned this week is Christ. Seems silly right? Being a representative of Jesus Christ is why I'm here. But that main purpose of missionary work often gets overshadowed by teaching x amount of lessons or accomplishing this or that. When in reality we are called to invite and help others come unto Christ. As we have been talking and teach we make everything about Jesus Christ. When you talk about the Word of Wisdom you may just say what you can and cannot partake of but when you discuss it by focusing on Christ and what He wants us to do, it makes it so much more powerful. In Idaho there are numerous amount of people that just want to tell us how wrong we are, instead of sitting there and trying to prove a point, we focus on Jesus Christ, on His teachings and on what He has commissioned us to do. People cannot fight against the truth of God. I love seeing people change because of our Savior. I attached two videos and I Invite you to watch them. They explain the need for a Savior and what life would be like without one. I am grateful for our Heavenly Father's willingness to send His son to save us, to make us free from bondage!
Anyway back to the week. We had Thanksgiving at the Klingers house! It was such a great feast! It snowed most of this week and I have frozen a little bit! It is quite strange to wake up and walk outside to 4 degree weather! We had a few lesson this week but the most memorable experience was with a man named Keth. We started teaching him after we randomly knocked his door a few weeks ago, and since then he has come to church and read the Book of Mormon.  This last week we took him on a tour of the church building. Now Keth belongs to another church but is one of the most open minded and willing people I have met. He is sincerely seeking the truth and the change in him is fantastic to witness. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and diligently asking for an answer! Please keep him in your prayers! And lastly, with Elder Fontes going home in a few weeks I have been pondering what I want to become when my mission is over. I know I have to start now if I want to accomplish any goals in the next 9 months and I decided this quote is the best way to summarize my goal.

"Give me all. I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work; I want you. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man but to kill it. No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all your Desires, all of your Wants and Wishes and Dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself in exchange I will give myself. My will shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart."

I hope to one day be like Nephi in Helaman 10:5 of the Book of Mormon
" And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

I hope that my will, my everything can become exactly what God wants and needs it to be!
I know God loves us and we can overcome anything If we allow God into our lives and do what He desires us to do!
I love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Rush



Thanksgiving Day




My Angel friend Barbie Stoddard made banana cake for Elder Rush and Elder Fontes from their ripe bananas. Made this mama's heart sing.



Valley Center,
Pocatello on Thanksgiving day!


No comments:

Post a Comment