Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I Went to Dingle Idaho!

Hello! 
This week was awesome!
We were traveling the mission going to meetings, swapping cars, and
knocking doors.
I wanted to mention three experiences real quick.

1. We knocked on a random door this week that we felt prompted to by the Holy
Ghost. A lady answered, we got to know her a little and discussed her
religious background. She told us she was agnostic. She let us in and
we just talked to her about God and who He is. We told her of her
divine potential and that she is a child of God. She just started to
cry as the Holy Ghost bore witness unto her the truth of her relation
to God. She told us she has been trying to find what she means to God
for a long time. Gratefully she is letting us come back and teach her
again! I just want you all to know the divine truth of who you are in
this Children's hymn.

1. I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

(Chorus) Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.

3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.

We are all children of God and He loves us. Sometimes we have to
suffer in order to get to know Him better.

2. This weekend was General Conference. That is where we listen to the
living prophet and apostles. I went into those meetings with 3
questions in mind and asked God for answers. Each one was answered and
not just yes or no but detailed. Another proof of God's love for us,
He does answer prayers.

3. During General Conference one speaker talked about Matthew 19:20 or
the story of the rich young ruler.
"20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my
youth up: what lack I yet?"
The speaker posed the question as well, what lack I yet. I thought
about it and it helped me remember that life is a path of constant
progress. In order to become better or become more Christ like we need
to always be asking God " What can I change to better fulfill our
plan for me?" That is definitely something I wish to work on more!
Anyway God lives and loves us all. He is waiting to help you but
sometimes we need to approach Him first and ask!
I love you all,


Elder Rush

 I went to Dingle, Idaho, talk about blink and you miss it. I was on exchanges down there. It is pretty much wide open fields surrounded by mountains. There was a lightning storm all around us! It was pretty sweet! 

Dingle Idaho 





Elder Rush on exchanges



Another Idaho Angel sent me a picture of my boy! Made my heart sing!
Elder Rush and Elder Fontes



No comments:

Post a Comment