Friday, September 11, 2015

We Played Basketball, and I Can Still Dunk!



Hope things are going well!
We played basketball last week and I can still dunk!!!!!! Yes!
Other than that we did a lot of missionary work!
Elder Martino of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy came and spoke to us.
I learned a lot and was reminded of the importance of trusting in the Lord!
I love the Lord and really appreciate what I learned this last week.
We had a cool experience with one of our investiagators. We were talking about the organization of Christ church. She asked if there was any place in the Bible where it talked about Christ appointing a Seventy(Seventies are called to proclaim the gospel and build up the Church. They work under the direction of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the Presidency of the Seventy)

I knew it was in one of the 4 Gospels but did not remember where. I seriously opened my scriptures and it fell on Luke Chapter 10 . The exact chapter I was looking for. God is so great! I love being a missionary! It is very important to Trust in GOD! The only way to become what HE needs us to be is through Him.
Moses 6:31-34
 31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?

 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.

 33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.

 34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.
God Loves us so he sent His Son!!!
Love,
Elder Rush

An email from the Hall's in Pocatello. Touched my heart!

Hi Sister Rush, 

I'm Brooke Hall, my husband and I just moved to Pocatello from Logan where I graduated with my masters in Speech Language Pathology, and my husband just started his Doctorate in physical therapy at Idaho state! 
We just had your sweet boy over for dinner. We ate pulled pork nachos and Oreo truffles and he told us he loved it! They said they'd been at Zone conference today and seemed to learn a lot! We went with him  and lder duff to a lesson last night, as well. Your son is incredibly intuitive, has an amazing knowledge of the gospel, and truly adds a kind and comforting spirit to the room. He is companions with elder duff who is a trial missionary right now, as you probably know, he is so kind and patient and teaches him so much! You raised your boy right! Let me know if you have any questions or need anything!
 I can understand the "man of few words" thing, that's my husband. So I'll give you as many updates as I can! My husband is ward mission leader so we hope to see these Elders often! Last night, when we were with that investigator, she is kind of confrontational and seeking for a 'book club' to discuss the bible more so than teachings if that makes sense. Anyway, there was a point when she contradicted the Elders by saying "now Jesus had twelve apostles but there was no seventy" and I literally saw Elder Rush flip straight to a scripture as he read aloud from the bible how Christ had called and gathered his seventies then referenced it to the book of Mormon where the same was done. She was humbled, I was blown away, and my husband just smiled and nodded his head :) afterward, outside, we commended him on his scripture knowledge and he said, "that was all Heavenly Father-I just prayed I could find it, I knew generally where it was and I turned right to it...then said thanks Heavenly Father". Seems like a little thing but it just illustrated to me how much he trusts his Father and I believe it helped this investigator gain more respect and trust of his knowledge as a servant of the Lord. Anyway, hope that's a good story for ya! 


Elder Rush, Elder Duff and Brother Hall

My cousin, Dana had Elder Rush and Elder Duff over for dinner. The amazing Hardy family!





The Halls

No comments:

Post a Comment